The Donndo Report

Check out my fam's blogs: Kara's: westsidestoryblog.blogspot.com Keely's: tennesseewarrens.blogspot.com Aunt Dee's: deescreativeoutlet.blogspot.com Valarie's: parkerspeople.blogspot.com Aunt Brenda's: roth5.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Almost Thanksgiving!

I don't have any new pictures, but I realized I hadn't put these up yet. This is a picture of the Moody plaza at night from our roof, we were excited when we figured out how to make the pictures look like this.

and here's me and Del on the roof, this was sometime in late October, I think. Behind us is the Hancock building

I also realized that I haven't said much beyond describing the pictures that I've put on here. So here's a quick update. First of all, these 3 months at school have gone by faster than any in my life, and it's mostly because of how much I've been learning. I've been learning about the basics of Christian theology, the big picture of the Old Testament, and how to make gourmet creations out of cafeteria dinners and a sandwich giller. :) My classes are hard work sometimes, but I love what I'm being taught so that makes it worth it. I'm learning as much from the people that I'm getting to know as I am from anything else. God blessed me so greatly by putting me on this hall with these girls. I wish you could all get to know them because it's truly amazing how God has worked in each of their lives to make them into the godly women they are. They have taught me what it means to love your Christian brothers and sisters in a real and tangible way. I'm so lucky to be where I am, and greatful for how God has blessed my life.

My job is babysitting this first grade boy in the South Loop. He's hilarious and he keeps me on my toes especially when his two eerily similar looking neighborhood friends come over to play. Then it's three blonde, curly haired, loud, and energetic ninja's practicing their moves on anything and everything in their path! Dan is a really smart little boy and loves baking, which we get to do together once in a while. He hasn't stopped asking me when those twin brothers of mine are going to come play with him since i mentioned that they're star wars fans. Twice a month, I clean for a blind lady at her apartment downtown. It has been an eye opener, and also a great opportunity. She's talkitive and open, and we've had several good conversations about Christ in our hours spent together. My PCM (practical Christian ministry) is tutoring on tuesday evenings at Breakthrough Urban Ministries. The center itself has many functions, but we help with their after school program. The kids are very needy and some of them come from extremely rough homes, so it's hard to leave them. But the center is very effective in changing lives. It's been encouraging to meet several older students who became Christians through their time there and are still walking strongly with the Lord.

Moslty, I'm thankful for the way God has been lovingly teaching me many lessons I need to learn. It's interesting how sometimes things finally click in your mind and heart and then you realize that God's been trying to teach you that your whole life. The biggest thing I've been learning is that we were created to bring God glory. It's so simple, but I really never realized how freeing that is. Life is so much more meaningful when it's about Him, and not me!
If you're still reading, thank you so much. :) I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, I love you all!

Only four more days till break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home